Tuesday 23 September 2008

Frederic Malle at Liberty



Exciting London perfumista news- my favourite department store Liberty has started stocking the Frederic Malle Editions De Parfums range.

This is a match made in heaven, the fantastic ethos of the Malle range with it's commitment to giving perfumers freedom from financial and artistic constraints and the long term tradition Liberty has for supporting artists of all kinds.

That said I hope this doesn't affect Les Senteurs, previously the only UK Malle stockist, as I love this shop too.

You can read an interview with Frederic Malle on the Liberty website here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys get all the cool fragrances; lucky!

Rose said...

Liberty has a wonderful department and we are very lucky in London yes- the range has really improved in the last few years here. That said there are some scents you can only get in the states that I want to try but am always worried about shipping rules etc. Brandy is one I am definitely very keen to try!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I have never heard of or been to Liberty before- how many locations do they have? I'll be going to London this fall for about three weeks so I would definitely love to check it out...

Rose said...

Yes you should definitely go to Liberty! They only 'proper' Liberty is their shop on Great Marlborough St, Oxford Circus is the nearest tube or it's just round the corner from Banana Republic on Regent Street/ at the top of Carnaby Street.

It is worth going to for the beautiful arts and crafts building alone. Liberty was an important supporter and seller of Art Noveau here and Arts and Crafts here and continues the tradition of selling very design conscious products.

I just love it! you should definitely look at the perfume, the homeware and furniture and the fabrics which are what Liberty is known for outside the UK I think.

Perfumeshrine said...

This is undoubtedly great news! I think Les Scenteurs have their own core audience anyway, so surely they shouldn't fear (?)
Looking forward to your impressions! :-)

Rose said...

It is isn't it! it just seems like somewhere that should stock FM and I think it will bring the FM range to a wider audience. Although everyone in Liberty always seems to be French when I go in! and they probably all know about it anyway!

Yes I hope it won't affect Les Senteurs, I'm sure it won't it's an institution and the staff are so knowledgeable. Fingers crossed.