Thursday 18 September 2008

Nigella Christmas



I know it's only September, Autumn has barely begun here and we have halloween, bonfire night and many other celebrations before Christmas but I received the exciting news that this year Nigella Lawson is finally releasing a Christmas cook book.

The titleNigella Christmas isn't too innovative but I don't care!

Nigella did some one off Christmas programmes for the BBC a couple of years ago that were wonderful. Full of great recipes including her mulled cider recipe which I became obsessed with.

Her book is definitely going on my wish list this year. What Nigella seems to understand about Christmas is how to make food that smells wonderfully of Christmas and infuses your home with a cosy, peaceful and safe atmosphere that is partly what I find Christmas is all about.

Now I promise no more Christmas posts until much nearer the time.

6 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Nigella's cookbooks are the best. I have "How to be a Domestic Goddess" and "Nigella Feast"- both of which I use frequently. The last time I was in England I saw Nigella walking briskly through Sloan Square! I'm a big fan and will definitely pick up this book...

Unknown said...

Daily I am so jealous; you got to see Nigella!
I am a huge Nigella Lawson fan so this book is going on the list (I already have her all her other cookbooks). My favorite books are: Forever Summer and How to be a Domestic Goddess.

Rose said...

Daily- I saw Nigella once too, it was in a reastaurant and she was with her husband. That was just off Sloane Street, it's obviously her natural habitate (my meal was a special occasion!). She was having steak and a jacket potato and some red wine. I remember she had a tiny waist but looked just as she does on the TV.

Rose said...

Hi Jenavira, I am a big fan too. As I said to daily I have seen her too. If you come to London we will have to try and arrange a siting (Sloane St/ Square seems like a good spot!). Although really what I think would be best would be an invitation to be cooked for by Nigella.

I think How to be a Domestic Goddess is my favourite of hers, I don't have them all but my housemate does and I am often borrowing! I am really looking forward to the Christmas one, I find her books are enjoyable to read just for pleasure as well as to cook from.

Unknown said...

I love reading her writing too, wonderfully sensous but full of good humor.

Anonymous said...

Hi, there are lots of Nigella's videos/recipes and programes here, especially Christmas ones . . .

http://greatbritishchefs.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas%20Recipes